Thursday, October 25, 2012

You smell...good.

Ah, the joys of children.  These two boys can sure give me a run for my money sometimes!  My voice is still pretty much shot, and the husband had a trouble call almost 2 hours away from the house last night which left me with the kiddos to get ready for bed.  No big deal, right?  Normally, it's not...but doing so without a voice proved to be difficult.

I had asked several times (rather quietly) for them to get ready for bed.  After hearing, "Yes ma'am." about 20 times I decided a different approach.  I knew they weren't doing what they were supposed to, but JUST to make sure I hadn't jumped the gun I stood next to the stairs and listened for about 10 minutes.  All of my suspicions were confirmed. I mean, last I checked the 8 year old's eye exercises he does nightly didn't include Indiana Jones OR missiles.  *pew...pewpew pewwww*

I sent an iMessage to their iDevice and told them they needed to get ready for bed.  I get a reply stating that the oldest was TRYING to get the iDevice from his brother to use the timer on it to brush his teeth...then I told him that I had been standing next to the stairs listening to them and everything upstairs got REALLY quiet. I was waiting for another excuse (I was a kid once, I remember how it feels when you get caught) but instead I get 3 Smiley Faces and a, "You smell...good." LOL

I guess just to make sure I wasn't mad (come on, how could I be?  They suck up as good as their daddy!) when I came up to tuck them in, the oldest gave me a great big hug and told me I was BEAUTIFUL! Mind you, I was about to hop in the shower because I truly looked like a greasy rat by 9:00 last night...

I just wanted to share that little tidbit of information with you all!  I am currently watching World Without End Part II and yes, there WILL be a blog on it later ;-)

For now,
Fossykins OUT

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are letting them little stinkers fool you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwsies! Wait, how did they smell you before they heard you going up the stairs? I know you and I know how you stampede up and down stairs LOL

    ReplyDelete